For a thorough review of the basic concepts associated with intellectual property development and protection, visit the USPTO.
UCOP issues policy and guidance on intellectual property, patents, licensing, copyright, equity, and other relevant topics.
UCOP also has a specific office dedicated to innovation and entrepreneurship that provides additional resources.
- UC Patent Policy
- State Oath of Allegiance, Patent Policy, and Patent Acknowledgement Form (UPAY 585)
- Copyright Ownership Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Guidelines on University-Industry Relations
- Equity Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- University Licensing Guidelines
- Inventor Share Policy
- Distribution of Invention Net Royalties for Research Support Under Patent Policy
- Sample Patent Income Distribution Chart
- Sample Copyright Income Distribution Chart
- Guidance for Faculty and Other Academic Employees on Issues Related to Intellectual Property and Consulting
- Ownership of Course Materials
- Guiding Principles
- Patent Prosecution Options
- Innovation Alliances & Services