UC San Diego Innovation Calendar
BioLabs Towne Centre
Celebrating the Spirit of Innovation
Our Innovation Prize recognizes the challenge and dedication it takes to start a new company by supporting the innovation process and celebrating life-science entrepreneurs.
Boehringer Ingelheim, together with the Boehringer Ingelheim Venture Fund, will award one early-stage bioscience organization the San Diego Innovation Prize on February 27th, 2020.
The Innovation Prize
Valued at $75,000, the winner, who will be announced during a Networking Reception that evening, will receive Boehringer Ingelheim’s ‘Golden Ticket’ – a voucher which represents prepaid rent for one reserved bench in BioLabs’ shared laboratory space in San Diego for one year. Boehringer Ingelheim receives this ‘Golden Ticket’ as part of its sponsorship of the BioLabs facility.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their ideas in a poster session at BioLabs, San Diego, on February 27th, 2020, from which a final short-list is selected to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges.
How to Apply
- Applicants must provide a non-confidential deck of no more than ten slides. Slides must address unmet medical need, solution, scientific principle, key data supporting the scientific principle, overview of business case, and intellectual property.ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY END OF BUSINESS, FEBRUARY 7, 2020!
- Early-stage innovators and spin-outs that are pursuing life-science therapeutic platform technologies and therapeutics (in any indication, any modality) are invited to participate. Diagnostics, Instrument development, and Health-IT are excluded.
- Companies must be founded and have their principle place of business in California
- Companies must not have a major partnership with another large bio- pharmaceutical company
- Companies must be focused on new target concepts or drug discovery.