Inside Innovation is a new lecture series developed by the UC San Diego Research Affairs, Office of Innovation and Commercialization (OIC), to showcase the latest innovative technologies developed across UC San Diego. The series is held monthly at the Roth auditorium of the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine. This forum provides a robust venue bringing together the general public, entrepreneurs, investors and all academic members to engage and interact with UC San Diego researchers and the staff of the OIC. The series has been highly successful with many attendees expressing their interest in continuing to have this engagement opportunity with UC San Diego researchers.
Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine
2880 Torrey Pines Scenic Drive, La Jolla, CA 92037
Sign up for the weekly events mailing.
Past and Upcoming Presentations
|Non-Invasive GI and Perinatal Monitoring with Wearable Medical Devices|
Todd Coleman, PhD
- Professor of Bioengineering in the Jacobs School of Engineering
- His research is highly inter-disciplinary, lying at the intersection of applied mathematics, scalable machine learning, bio-electronics, medicine, and public health.
Presented on Sept. 9, 2016. Full Talk
|The Herculean Task of Killing Cancer Cells|
Paradipta Ghosh, MD
- Professor of Medicine and Cellular & Molecular Medicine in the School of Medicine at UC San Diego
- The Ghosh Lab is busy identifying and characterizing novel interfaces within key signaling cascades of heterotrimeric G proteins.
Presented on Oct. 18, 2016. Full Talk
|Analyzing Cardiac Blood Flow to Identify Patients at Increased Stroke Risk|
Andrew Kahn, MD, PhD
- Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine in the School of Medicine
- Cardiologist at the UC San Diego Medical Center
- His lab specializes in cardiac imaging.
Juan Carlos del Alamo, PhD
- Associate Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in the Jacobs School of Engineering
- His lab focuses on biological fluid mechanics, cellular locomotion and non-invasive characterization of cardiac flows.
Presented on Nov. 29, 2016. Full Talk
|Detection and Therapeutic Targeting of Cancer Stem Cells|
Catriona Jamieson, MD, PhD
- Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology-Oncology
- Director of Stem Cell Research at the Moores UCSD Cancer Center
- She specializes in myeloproliferative disorders (MPDs) and leukemia.
Presented on Jan. 17, 2017. Full Talk
|The Global Race for Better Batteries - Electron Mobility from Ionic Movement|
Shirley Meng, PhD
- Associate Professor of Nanoengineering and Materials Science at the Jacobs School of Engineering
- Founding Director of the Sustainable Power and Energy Center at UC San Diego
- Her research group – Laboratory for Energy Storage and Conversion (LESC) – focuses on functional nano and micro-scale materials for energy storage and conversion.
|Nathan Gianneschi, PhD|
- Associate Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- A set of strategies are being developed by the Gianneschi Group at UC San Diego to incorporate enzymes, proteins, peptides and nucleic acids into novel polymeric synthetic materials with the aim of programming morphology and function.
Presented on Feb. 21 2017. Full Talk
|Rational Design of Skin Microbiome Therapeutics|
Richard L. Gallo, MD, PhD
- Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
- Chair for the Department of Dermatology
- His research focuses on the role of the innate immune system in skin health and disease, focusing on antimicrobial peptides and aspects of the basic functions of the skin immune system.
|Liangfang Zhang, PhD|
- Professor of Nanoengineering at the Jacobs School of Engineering
- His research group in the Nanomaterials and Nanomedicine Laboratory aims to create cutting-edge biomimetic nanotechnologies and exploit them to study and solve complex biological problems that are associated with human diseases.