UC San Diego Innovation Calendar
BIG DATA DAY CAMP SERIES AT QUALCOMM INSTITUTE, UC SAN DIEGO
Who is this for? Industry professionals, researchers and graduate students.
Learn how to use data to make wise, actionable data driven decisions! The future is Big Data, and the critical value and demand for Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Data Engineers is clear, as demonstrated by the number of job postings and three-figure compensations.
How is it structured? Qualcomm Institute’s series of day camps provide participants with practical, hands-on learning experiences, including:
- The latest innovations for analyzing data and delivering value
- How to conquer technical Big Data obstacles
- Introduction to Big Data platforms and best practices
- How to select the most appropriate Big Data technology
- Essential skills to design, build, test and evaluate data analytics approaches
- Ways to advance analytics and interpret the results
- Resources, skills, and strategy for your next Big Data project
As the second installment in the Big Data series, learn to create dashboards & data visualizations using Tableau! This two-day Tableau training course is led by one of the best Certified Professional Tableau Developers in the industry. As one of the fastest growing skills desired in today’s job market, spending the money and time to learn Tableau will put you a step ahead in your career. Only 20 seats available. Early Bird Registration for Industry Professionals is at $850. Price goes up to $950 after December 20th. Faculty/Staff/PostDocs qualify for a rate of $500 and students for a rate of $350.
This is a two-day event: January 14-15 from 8:00 am-4: 30 pm for both days